Tuesday, November 26, 2019

METHAMPHETAMINES


Recently during my morning walks I was walking behind a young man who kept turning back to his left as well his right even going to the point of pulling his backpack and holding it in a menacing offensive manner as he continued looking back towards me. I realized the young man was suffering the effects of methamphetamine use one of paranoia, mind you I was not following him at all. To my surprise he walked towards a close building and was watching me all the time, I just put him in my prayers at that very moment.

Now this morning there was a car in front of me when I pulled out my phone to read a message I had just received when the driver of the car came to a stop and in a very threatening manner accused me of following him and taking his information, he even told me what he would do as he would kick my posterior. Earlier in my life I would have probably reacted in a very defensive manner and taken things into my hands, but I leaned on my Lord and my experience and just moved on, now I was concerned so I called a friend and asked that she remain on the phone in case this person came back and to call 911 if she heard anything.

After praying on the matter I did see the individual when he came back to his place and I did approach him first to assure him that I have no reason to follow him nor to report him to the authorities if he is not doing something wrong and as a matter of fact that I was there to help him not hurt him and that I had a message for him, well it lead to my being allowed to pray for him and offer my services to him. Thanks be to God for using me and allowing me to react in this manner and win another soul.

Because of that experience I would like to offer the following on the topic of Methamphetamine use in our society;

Methamphetamine is a very strong stimulant. With some methods of administration, there is a fast “rush” of euphoria followed by a long period of less intense euphoria. When meth is ingested, there is no rush but the high may last for as long as ten hours.

The user has more energy than normal and will not be able to sleep until the drug wears off. If he has plenty of the drug, he may continually re-dose until he has been up for days. If he runs out of the drug, he will crash and sleep around the clock. He will not have an appetite, meaning that he will probably lose a lot of weight. Heavy meth users become gaunt and look pale and unhealthy. He or she will probably appear unusually active but may also act nervous and anxious.

The user’s body temperature will go up and he may appear hot and sweaty without the environment being hot or his having been physically active. Pupils will be dilated and blood pressure will go up. He or she may become sexually excited.

Meth abuse results in the following adverse effects:


  • Deterioration of appearance 
  • Irregular or rapid heartbeat 
  • Erratic, changeable moods 
  • Aggressive behavior 
  • Paranoia that can become severe 
  • Confusion 
  • Insomnia 
  • Damage to teeth 
  • Rough skin with sores 

Meth is highly addictive. Some people have stated that just one or two uses was all it took for them to become addicted.


David Barberis
U Be The Change

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE WIDOWS TWO MITES

  After going through today's devotional with my wife in which we talked about mercy, the thought of this blog entry from September 2016...